Thursday, November 18, 2010

Inspiration comes from the strangest places

I have a family member that is really struggling with things in her young life.  I am trying to reach out to her, but am not sure how.  It hurts my heart to see her struggling as she is.

She is on my mind a lot.  I remember being a confused, angry, misunderstood (more by myself than others), and frustrated teen.  I am constantly wondering, "How can I reach her?  How can I tell her all the things I've learned that helped me overcome those feelings, for there is so much to share?"  I have been composing a letter in my head to her, but cannot seem to condense it enough to keep her interest long enough to read the whole thing.

The other day I was speaking to a friend of mine about one of my personal philosophies of life.  She told me, "You are so wise".  While I don't feel wise, and may not be college-educated or very smart, I do feel like I've been through a lot in my life and have come through the other side.  It's more liked "experienced, paying attention and learning". 

So the combination of these things have gotten me to thinking.  I've always felt destined to write a book and have attempted to sit down and do so a number of times.  But it just didn't seem to come each time I sat down.  I've had general ideas.  My drive and passion has always been to share my "unique" experiences with others that may help them or encourage them.  I don't believe I have all the answers, but do believe I have a few to some of the tougher questions.

I keep feeling these little prods to write my book.  Just feels like when the time is right, when I've learned whatever else it is I need to learn to share with others, then the book will flow.

I feel like I'm getting close ..... and if it will help my family member, then it feels even more important now than ever before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment