Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Healing Prayer at Bedtime


Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit, go back into my memory as I sleep.  Every hurt that has ever been done to me - heal that hurt.  Every hurt that I have ever caused to another person - heal that hurt.  All of the relationships that have been damaged in my whole life that I am not aware of - heal those relationships. But Lord, if there is anything that I need to do - if I need to go to a person because he is still suffering from my hand - bring to my awareness that person.  I choose to forgive and I ask to be forgiven. Remove whatever bitterness that may be in my heart, Lord, and fill the empty spaces with your love.  Thank you, Jesus.  Amen.

-- prayer from Catholic Church in St Augustine, Florida, original source unknown

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you gifted yourself with your trip to St. Augustine. This prayer from a church there is such a reminder that we can forgive and ask for forgiveness at any time. I think that forgiving ourselves can sometimes be more challenging that forgiving others or asking for their forgiveness but it is still necessary for our growth just the same.

    One of the things I admire about you is your willingness to put yourself "out there" without having to be an "expert". While in the process of learning, growing and changing you courageously share what you've learned and that has made such a difference in my life, for sure.

    Earlier in the year while in the depths of depression I discovered that your meditation group moved to Saturday nights....a perfect time for me....so I checked it out. What a wondrous little step that was that has contributed to moving beyond depression to renewed hope over the past months. I'll always be grateful for your positive impact on my life!

    ReplyDelete