Friday, November 13, 2009

Who Am I?


Something I have been pondering a little more lately, especially now that I have decided to accept and embrace my bipolar disorder, is...Who Am I?  This is an especially challenging question because it is complicated with the bipolar.  I mean, of course, I know what my basic attributes are, but some of my other ones I wonder if they truly are who I am or if they are just manifestations of my disorder.

For example, I'd like to think I'm basically a happy person.  But when I get uber-happy, is that mania or just that I'm feeling really good?  Or when I get depressed, is that who I really am?  Or maybe I am all of these things and none.

Maybe I should compile a list of what I "know" about myself? 

What about you?  How would YOU answer the question, "Who Am I"?

No comments:

Post a Comment