Friday, November 13, 2009

We Will Never Forget BUT We Will Learn to Forgive!



I avoid the news as much as possible now.  It's filled with so much negativity and most of what I read, the only thing I can do anyway is pray for those that suffer.  Unfortunately, Yahoo! mail insists on keeping me informed by always popping up with their news page when I log into my mail account.  So, I saw the above image this morning with the heading, "9/11 Suspects to be Tried in New York".  With the timing, I can only assume that some who hung this banner may be hanging on to their anger and hatred from this tragic event (as are many other Americans).  It made me start thinking (ouch! LOL) and this is what I thought would make a much better banner...  How about: 

We Will Never Forget
BUT
We Will Learn to Forgive!
 


And we wonder why there is so much hatred, fear, and war in our world??  I agree, we should always remember those that have passed, but unfortunately, too many people cling to the fear, hatred, and anger, too.  It is time to learn to forgive.  We claim to be a Spiritual and Christian nation, but seem to forget  Master Jesus said to forgive.

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
-Matthew 6:14-15
 
"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well." 
-Matthew 5:38-40

No comments:

Post a Comment