Thursday, December 10, 2009

100% and Christmas/Holiday cards


I'm feeling like myself again (whatever that is LOL) and am grateful.  I know it's not the new med because it hasn't had time to start really working yet, but am grateful that the cycle is back on the upswing.

So this morning's topic is Christmas/holiday cards.  We've only received a few so far, but have noticed that more and more people are no longer signing their holiday cards.  Now you get either pre-printed names or labels stuck to the inside of the card.

Now, I realize that everyone is busy and if you have a lot of cards you want to send out it's a lot easier and quicker to use labels or pre-printed cards.  Right or wrong, I have always wondered when nothing is handwritten in the card (such as the signature or at least a brief message with pre-printed cards/labels) if the sender really gave any thought to me/us when they sent it or if it's just the obligatory holiday card.

When I send out holiday cards, I always think of the person/people I am sending it to when I fill out the card for them.  I handpick the design based on the individual and even if I write the same thing in every card, I always think of the person when I sign it.

Troy and I have a friend that we have not seen or spoken to in over 10 years, yet every single year she not only sends us a holiday card, but always handwrites a personal message.  Every year when I open her card, I can feel the love and friendship she sealed in the envelope with it before she sends it to us.  I know she put thought into her card and wishes to us; that they are heartfelt.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always been really funny about greeting cards.  I cannot send a card that doesn't express how I truly feel about someone. 

Maybe we all need to slow down and re-evaluate our friendships and the ones we send holiday cards to.  Is it a general wish that is felt the same for all mankind?  If so, then why a personal card?  However, if it's truly heartfelt, then isn't the recipient worthy of at least your signature on the card?

Just my two cents.  What do you think??  There is no right or wrong and I welcome others opinions on this topic.

Have a beautiful day!!  And here's a little something to make you smile... if you can't read the card, just click on it and you'll get a larger image.


No comments:

Post a Comment