Tuesday, December 1, 2009

BS & t-shirts


I just LOVE bumper stickers and t-shirts with sayings on them.  So many wonderful, inventive, creative things have been expressed via bumper stickers and t-shirts.  Unfortunately, bumper stickers are slowly going the way of "not cool" because they make your car look "junky".  During a visit to Atlanta earlier this year, I noticed very few cars had bumper stickers.  The same for Orlando.  It's a dying way of expressing yourself.  However, not one to worry about what others think, I also like sharing my thoughts with others via bumper stickers and t-shirts.  I put my bumper stickers on magnets, then I can change them out based on my mood without damaging the resale value on my car.  Here are a few I picked up from a catalog I got the other day.  For your enjoyment...
  • Speak your mind even if your voice shakes!  (This one I can personally relate to!)
  • You may say I'm a DREAMER but I'm not the only one
  • Reading is sexy...  (on a nightshirt)
  • Tree Hugging Dirt Worshipper
  • Touch the Earth Gently
  • Oh, no-not another learning experience!
  • Lord, help me to be the person my cat thinks I am
  • Not all who wander are lost
  • Lord, help me be the person my psychiatrist medicates me to be
  • Choose to be optimistic...it feels better!  The Dalai Lama
  • Change how you see, not how you look
  • We are defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy.
  • The activist is not the one who says the river is dirty, but the one who cleans it up.
  • Faith is a journey--not a guilt trip
  • People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
  • Don't assume I share your prejudices
  • To be truly radical is to make hope possible rather than despair convincing
  • Everything war can do, peace can do better
  • Good questions outrank easy answers
  • God was my copilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him
  • Question reality
  • God Bless the Whole World -- No Exceptions
  • What about a maximum wage?
  • Don't believe everything you think
  • It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save our environment
  • Religion is for people afraid of going to hell.  Spirituality is for those who have been there
  • Sorry I missed church.  I've been busy practicing witchcraft and becoming a lesbian
  • Don't get even.  Get odd.
  • Remember who you wanted to be
  • It's easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.  Fredrick Douglas
  • Ask your doctor if medical advice from a commercial is right for you
  • Bipartisanship:  I'll hug your elephant if you'll kiss my ass
  • You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.  Ray Bradbury
  • Zen Buddhism.  Don't even think about it

1 comment: