Sunday, January 3, 2010

my 2010 personal goals

  • Count my Blessings:  each night before I go to sleep, record in a journal at least one blessing from that day
  • Express Gratitude:   say "thank you" at least once a day
  • Dream Bigger and Plan For It:  choose something really special to do with Troy in 2011
  • Meditation:  attend Vipassana retreat in late February/early March 2010
  • Special Occasions:  purchase, sign, and mail cards at least one week prior to the event
  • Walk:  stop talking about walking every night and start doing it
  • Develop Compassion:  for myself and others
  • Accept:  who I am
  • Complain Less:  enough said
  • Spiritual Traditions:  continue learning about Buddhism and other eastern traditions
  • Who Am I?  get closer to the answer
  • Listen More:  talk less
  • Relationships:  love more and expect less
  • Work:  show more patience and flexibility
  • Friendships:  spend time reconnecting
  • Marriage:  do something really special this year for our 25th anniversary
  • Happiness:  spend more time making others happy
  • Wife:  make Troy smile and know that he is loved
  • Mom:  be the best Mom to Steven that I possibly can in whatever way he needs me
  • Family:  spend more time sharing good times
  • Others:  see the beauty in each person I know and meet
  • Laugh, Love, and Smile:  more

2 comments:

  1. Here's a site that might help with the walking one. Monika and I are getting back on the 10k steps a day.... care to join us?

    http://walkertracker.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....uh....yeah....lemme get back to ya on that one.... hehe

    ReplyDelete