Friday, January 1, 2010

the LIST

Anyone who really knows me, knows how much I love list-making!  My Mom tells me I've been doing it since I was a little girl.  Maybe it's part of the whole bipolar thing and the desire to control that which appears controllable around me.  Either way, I love making lists.

So, one would reason, New Years Day would be an especially exciting time for me due to the custom of worldwide list-making.  All over the world, people are embracing one of my passions.  List-making!  Prior to this year, I have always refused to make New Year Resolution lists because they were only a list of my future failures.  Yeah, yeah, I know, not the best attitude, but, whatever.  It is what it was.

This year, however, I have come to realize that we are all approaching our list making in the most wrong way ever!!! This revelation is in part due to my good friend Kevin. He posted his List of Goals for 2010 and after reading them, it gave me much to ponder. Many of our lists contain the end result, but few contain the hows or whys.  When I read over Kevin's list, I noticed he had listed, not only the what, but the how and/or why.  This, obviously, was a list he had given great thought to.  How can you not admire a person who does something like that?  As an obsessive list maker, I can only bow in such list-making greatness.

In all seriousness, it has given me a great deal to consider in the creation of my first annual "list".  Perhaps my fatalistic view toward New Year Resolution lists was because I approached it all from the wrong way.  I need to not only give thought to the end-result, but maybe a little more thought to the planning and implementation of manifesting desired end-results.

I HIGHLY recommend reading Kevin's list, HOWEVER, be prepared that if you do read it, you will come away thinking deep thoughts about what your personal goals are for the coming year!  That is not a bad thing, though.  :)


Happy New Year everyone!!!

May all beings be free
May all beings be peaceful
May all beings be happy
May all beings be safe

No comments:

Post a Comment