Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ode to the good 'ole Red White & Blue!

In June last year, the "Throwback" versions of Pepsi and Mountain Dew were produced for a limited time.  (You can click on the title to read a little 411 about Pepsi Throwback.)  I was a little late in trying it since I thought it was just another one of those weirded out versions of Pepsi.  I'm a Pepsi naturalist.  I like good, old-fashioned Pepsi.  None of that Cherry, Super-Strange tainted Pepsi for me.  Once I realized what Throwback Pepsi was (I believe it was my son that enlightened me), I bought it everywhere I could find it.  Unfortunately, it was at the end of the run and I didn't get many.  I appealed to those around me, "If you find it, buy it for me!" 

My hometown, Panama City, is considered "PC Territory".  (Cute, huh?  The play on PC?  Panama City.  Pepsi Cola.  Ingenious, really.)  But in my family, every freaking body drinks Coke.  Both sides of the family even! I don't get it.  I'm kind of an oddity in my family. As a child, my Grandmother always bought Tab and it was my utmost favorite drink.  But when I discovered Pepsi, I never looked back.

So imagine my excitement when my son called me from work to announce they had Throwback Pepsi again!  And even better!  It's in the retro design of original Pepsi too!!!  Hooray!!!  I immediately had him buy all Walgreen had in stock (6 12-packs). 

Troy and I went to Publix a couple of days ago and they had many, many 12-packs.  More 12-packs than I have money.  However, they are on sale, and I'm sure I can make quite a dent in that huge display.

This is my ode to the Red, White, and Blue!
Oh, how very much I do love you!
Coca-Cola just can't beat,
Pepsi Cola's natural sweet.
I'm not very good at writing ode's,
and this one's kinda short.
But Pepsi is the drink I choose.
Coke is something people snort!

No comments:

Post a Comment