Thursday, September 24, 2009

why put off today what can be done tomorrow?


Why do we procrastinate?  I've read and heard various "experts" talk about why we procrastinate.  Fear.  Sloth.  (I love that word.  It just plain sounds lazy, doesn't it?)

Do you procrastinate?  Do you know why you put things off?  I'm still trying to understand why I do it.  I'm really a go-getter kind of person.  Once I've identified what needs to be done, I just get it done.  But every now and again, I hit that snag where I just can't seem to bring myself to focus on the task at hand.  Usually, that's okay and I squeak by without a problem.  But when you have a couple of them pile up on you it can get kinda dicey.  Overall though, I think I'm managing fairly well. 

Right now (as in, right now as I am typing this) I am actively procrastinating.  This one has me stumped, I must admit.  I should be cutting up yarn and collecting the things I need for tomorrow nights ceremony.  I also need to finish reviewing the information related to this ceremony.  It is tomorrow night.  I have to work tomorrow.  I already know I have a busy morning ahead of me with little time for anything extra.  Although I am leaving work early, it won't be early enough to do everything that needs to be done, as well as get to the store and get set up before start of ceremony.

So why am I procrastinating?  Why am I sitting here typing this right now instead of going out to the garage, getting the yarn and scissors and cutting? 

Maybe I'm tired.  It's been a very busy, very long month for us.  We've had multiple things going on every week this month. Do not misunderstand.  I am not complaining or looking for pity.  I am absolutely thrilled that we are given so many different opportunities to be in service to others.  It is equally amazing that they are all things that my partner shares with me, both in participation and enthusiasm.

We are approaching our "recharging" time.  Even if it just means hanging around the house, it is a nice time spent together with no one expecting us anywhere at any time.

1 comment: