Thursday, May 20, 2010

Break a leg! That's show biz talk, ya know...

Was reading some material on bipolar disorder and cannot help but get slightly anxious when I read it.  I've read reputable sources (NIMH, DMDA, and PsychCentral) that all state, rapid cycling is the hardest to treat.  I also read the "average" bipolar can have 8 to 9 episodes in a lifetime.  I think I've well exceeded that number by now.  I found a new tool that is really great and helping me chart my moods.  It's also great because it gives me a print-out I can take to my doctor to give him a better picture of how I'm doing.
If you'd like to check it out:   http://www.patientslikeme.com/members/view/wildfire2windsong


If you check it out, there is an "Instant Mood" map that allows me to chart how I'm feeling throughout the day.  This is also good to document the rapid cycling within one day.  My latest depressive episode started while I was with family weekend before last.  It didn't quite hit me full force until a couple of days ago.  I had a few days of hell, woke up this morning and suddenly feel better.  I feel like this huge, dark, nasty, dirty load I was carrying finally washed off.
 
In other news, today is the day we'll be on the internet radio station.  Since it's at 6 PM, I'm not sure if Troy will be able to make it, but I hope he can.  We decided to do the call from the office since it's less noise (birds squawking, cats meowing).  Since I work in a closed area, it's pretty quiet come 6 o'clock.
 
If you'd like to listen go to:   http://www.blogtalkradio.com/upliftouryouth
 
It starts at 6 PM.  If you can't listen then, but would like to, the show will be archived so you can listen to it at your convenience.  You can also call the show between 6-7 PM if you'd like to ask questions or talk about your personal practice and how it's helped you.  The number is 917.889.7423. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment