Tuesday, May 4, 2010

excited

This week end we will be enjoying a family celebration at my Mom's place in the panhandle.  It will be the first time we've all gotten together in a long time...and especially everyone sleeping under the same roof!  Don't know when that will happen again, so this is a rare opportunity to savor every moment of family time.

Troy and I will be driving up on Thursday after my 8 AM doctor appointment.  Steven will be staying home to watch the homestead and keep animals fed and watered during our absence.  It's about a 7-hour drive, so we should get in sometime that evening.  Our Friday will be spent running errands and preparing for the big celebration day on Saturday!

Mom got a fire pit and I'm really looking forward to spending time sitting around the fire pit, talking, and having a good time.  Hopefully mosquitos won't be too bad.  I'm bringing some bug spray and citronella incense I bought.  Haven't seen the incense be too successful (as I expected), but hey, it's a great way to burn it all up without throwing it away.  I feel so bad now when I throw away something that could be used by someone else.  Though, not sure about the incense being used by someone else.  Not sure I could even give it away!  LOL

Saturday will be our big celebration.  We have some surprises in store, but can't mention them here because at least my Mom reads my blog!  LOL

Sunday will be a Mother's day celebration (she's really making out this year!).  Birthday on Saturday, Mom's day on Sunday.  It's almost like my birthday - a holiday and birthday back-to-back!

Monday, Troy and I will be headed back to Orlando.  That drive really sucks because it's S-E-V-E-N hours that feels more like E-I-G-H-T because we have to give back the hour we lost when we drove up to the panhandle.

BUT a family gathering filled with laughter and love is well worth the L-O-N-G drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment