Saturday, May 22, 2010

new link to monitor mood swings!

I posted a new link to my blog page in the upper right corner.  You can click on it to see how my mood swings are going.  It's really cool because under the "Instant Mood" section, you can see progress of my mood swings on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.  I just started the charting on May 5th, so obviously there isn't a lot of data right now.  But there is an interesting trend when viewed on the monthly chart.  Understand my rating system:
  • Very Bad:  Hopeless, extremely low self-esteem, extreme sadness, pessimism, anger, and feelings of insignificance.  Avoid people: family and friends.  Minimal or no social and physical functioning.
  • Bad:  Beginning to avoid people.  Feelings of sadness and easily irritated.  Loss of self-confidence.  Low social and physical functioning. 
  • Neutral:  This means I am somewhat apathetic.  Don't really feel myself, don't really feel happy, and don't really feel sad. Usually an indication that a depressive spell is coming on.
  • Good:  This means I am feeling optimistic, more balanced, and more like the "self" I "feel" myself to be.  Not necessarily an indicator of a manic spell occuring.  Current studies state that a manic spell usually follows a depressive spell.  It will be interesting to see what my data reflects.
  • Very Good:  This means a hypomanic or manic cycle is occuring.  Reading the notes will indicate if it is manic or hypomanic.

There will be blank spots where I am away from a computer or cannot rate.  But I am dedicated to updating as much as possible as a tool for me, my doctor, my caregivers, my family, and my friends.  You can click here to check it out:  http://www.patientslikeme.com/members/view/wildfire2windsong.

No comments:

Post a Comment