Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Friday!

Our system is offline for a few minutes, so thought I'd write a short blog post.  The past week has been a slight rollercoaster of feeling neutral to good.  Underlying feeling of tension and fidgety.  Those have passed and I'm feeling a little more relaxed.  Maybe it's the long weekend that inspires me.

Am reading two books (and hopefully, I will stick with two books).  The first is What the Buddha Taught and isn't necessarily an easy read.  It's small print and I have to keep going back and re-reading sections before I can begin to grasp some of the concepts they discuss.  The second book is, Zen Path Through Depression.  I thought I'd try reading it now before I'm in a depressive spell and can't read.  They are both books requiring deep thought, self-reflection and contemplation so it's not something you can rush through.  I am enjoying them both very much.

I've also picked back up cross-stitch and embroidery.  I haven't done embroidery since I was in my late teens, early twenties; cross-stitch maybe half that long ago.  Counted cross-stitch is much easier.  My eye sight is quite a challenge though and it's hard to see those teeny-tiny little holes anymore.  That's with glasses!

No big plans for the Memorial Day week end.  We'll be spending part of it on our roof evicting the Virginia Creeper vines our Tree Guy located for us.  A little RoundUp and some pruning shears should take care of it.  My Mom suggested bringing the lawn mower up.  Haha.  It's not quite that bad.

We have Troy's Pipe Ceremony tonight and meditation tomorrow night, but Sunday and Monday is ours!  We'll probably spend Sunday on the roof and doing yard work.  Monday, however, is reserved for absolutely, positively no commitments.  Just a laid-back, easy day to relax.  Hope yours is the same!  (Well, except for the climbing on the roof part...)

System is back online, so back to work now!  Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment