Monday, May 31, 2010

Remembering ...

Memorial Day.  Last day of May.  The springboard into June and the combination of rain, humidity, and heat.

I'd like to take a moment to salute all who have served in the military, regardless of the country.  I salute all warriors who have fought for a cause they believed in.  I pay my respect to all who have sacrificed for their country, wherever that may be.  Salute to Mike, Dave, & Michael!

Today is also my Mom's birthday.  My Mom, my brother, and I were all born on or around major U.S. holidays.  Isn't that kinda cool?  I think so.

Rain has been forecast for the next week and the past two days have been nothing but cloudy skies and sporadic rain.  I am grateful for the rain because we do need it.  I am also grateful the thunder we have heard did not seem to escalate to anything serious and hopefully our neighbors escaped any serious weather.

I have filet mignon wrapped in bacon marinating in the fridge.  Fresh corn-on-the-cob, baked potato, okra, and dinner rolls.  Fresh Ghiradelli Double Chocolate muffins for breakfast this morning.  A fruit and cheese tray for a small appetizer before dinner.  Fear me for I am Betty Crocker today.

Hope your day is restful, peaceful, and filled with laughter.

*
I SALUTE
MILITARY PERSONNEL
& WARRIORS EVERYWHERE
~ PAST & PRESENT ~
*

No comments:

Post a Comment