Saturday, August 29, 2009

Okay, I lied...

....not intentionally, I assure you.  I woke up early this morning and am actually sitting here testing our meditation music selection for this evening.  So...being the good little multi-tasker that I am, I can do my blog updates AND listen to the music.  I know, I know, I'm trying to practice mindful awareness and I believe that I am.  This means I am eliminating multi-tasking until I can attain full awareness in a single task before attempting full awareness in multiple tasks being performed at the same time.  I think that's when my name will change to Swamiji Karen.  Certainly, not anytime soon, for sure!

Since I have freely shared my anguish of the past week or so, it is only fair to also share the good as well.

I am feeling much, much better with a little more peace in my anguished mind and heart.  Although I am still a little manic, at least I'm not as strung out as I was earlier this week.  I see the doctor Tuesday and am hopeful this will mean a reduction in the doseage of my meds.  I am also going to talk to him about the meditation retreat and request that he write a letter of recommendation for my application.  I want this whole retreat to be completely truthful.  I thought about concealing my bipolar diagnosis, but it would taint the energy of what I am wanting to do.  I also put my faith in the Source of All That Is (aka God) that if I am supposed to go there, I will be accepted.  To be honest, I would be surprised, with all the signs I've been receiving about this retreat, if I were not accepted.

Someone I love very much surprised me this week with a great big hug and "I love you".  Don't get those very often and it sure did make my week shine!  Thank you, Simple Man.  I love you, too..

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear you're doing better! I am super excited about getting to do an early morning run (5am - but that's 8am cal clock according to my biological clock) in Napa Valley through the vineyards! Should prove to be relaxing and serene! I'm sure you'll get accepted - its meant to be!

    ReplyDelete