Tuesday, April 13, 2010

i am not like the other people in your life.

i can't get over it, mellow out, learn to live with it, take a chill pill, calm down, deal with it, or change the way you want me to change. it takes a huge amount of will just to survive this illness.  mania takes away my reasoningdepression makes my life pointless.

if you tell me to change my behavior when i'm in a mood swing, i won't believe that i can, or even hear you.  my brain is telling me something different than you're telling me.  people with bipolar disorder have a civil war going on in their brains--this war is between the real person and the ill person.  and sometimes the ill person wins.

but i am here and i want to listen to you.  learn as much as you can about this illness and then ask me questions.  then we can communicate better.

our relationship means so much.  i promise to do all that i can to manage this illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment