Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Quick update ...

It's late and I really need to be in bed, so a quick update.

Still hypomanic.  Hoping it's just that the meds will take time to work.  See doctor next Thursday before we drive out of town for the weekend to have fun with family.

Putting everyone on notice:  My BFF (he'll love seeing that LOL) asked me tonight if I would mind talking to someone else who is bipolar.  Just so everyone knows, if anyone ever wants to talk to me or ask questions about bipolar, please, send 'em my way.  It's the only way we can help each other is if we share about how it impacts our lives and how we cope.  That can't be read in a book or taught in a class.  It is only something those of us who walk this path, know and fully understand.  I have learned a lot about myself and how I manage my illness. If I can possibly share one thing that will help another, then I am more than willing to do it.  After all, who else do you know that has a flyer that states, "Ending Stigmatism.  Putting a face on mental illness" with my great big grinning face above the text.  As my BFF says, I am way out of the closet on this one!  LOL

Have an appointment with pulmonologist tomorrow.  I sound so pathetic sometimes with all the health stuff, but such is life.  Hopefully we can do something to help with my breathing.  I had a nightmare the other night when I was wheezing really bad as I fell asleep.  In my nightmare my lungs closed up completely and I couldn't draw a breath.  I mean it when I say, it was a nightmare.  It frightened me so much I called the doctor the next morning.  Sometimes, I just need a little motivation reminder...

G'night all.  Omitofo

No comments:

Post a Comment